CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Six Random Things about Me

6 Things - I was Tagged by Celena.


So here are 6 random things about me:

1. I have an 8 month old baby and my body makes an incredible amount of breast milk. So much that I am unable to nurse without taking some sort of medication to slow the factory. I pump instead! My body somehow missed the memo that with each delivery I have delivered only 1 baby! It seems to think that I have 3 at a time!

2. I have experienced a miraculous healing from God. Not a slow recovery sort of thing, but an instantaneous miracle. I lived with an eating disorder for about 6 years. One day in my apartment bedroom I looked in the mirror as a sick child. I saw a distorted image and I was emotionally and mentally sick in my eating, binging, and body image. I fell to my knees and cried out to God for healing. When I rose, I was completely healed. Emotionally and mentally-my eyes saw a completely different figure in the mirror than I had seen 30 minutes earlier. I have had a healthy relationship with food and my body ever since (10 years)! Praise God.

3. I have a love/hate relationship with being a stay-at-home-mom. I love my children and spending time with them. I love being with them as they discover and grow. I love knowing them so well because I spend so much time with them. I enjoy eating with them, playing with them, laughing with them, snuggling with them, teaching them, etc. I just don't like doing it alone all of the time! If I had the money I would pay a nanny to come and be my friend-at-home! I love being alone other times...just not working alone! Go figure. I renew my mind often with the truth that I am not alone. God is with me and I can experience Him during the day at home with my kids!

4. My marriage has gotten so much better in the past 3 years. The one thing we can connect the improvement to is that we both QUIT TRYING! We quit trying to meet each other's needs and quit trying to get the other to meet our own needs. We started believing and experiencing the truth that all of our needs are met in Christ and boy, marriage is good! :)

5. I love to be organized, but I am too much of a scatterbrain to get organized! It's the biggest conflict in my life. :)

6. God provides for our family's financial needs on a month to month basis. My husband quit his job as a youth pastor and started LIFe Ministries about 2 years ago. We have been living on support ever since. At times it is so hard, but it has been revolutionary for my faith. I always believed The Gospel because I felt that I had nothing to lose. Now, I have everything to lose (my family's basic needs!) and God is teaching me to believe and trust because He Is, not because I have nothing to lose! I still tend to get into the mind frame that our supporters provide for us and I become afraid that they will stop and we will not get paid. This has happened a few times (a supporter has stopped giving) and that is when God teaches me that it is Him providing, not our supporters. We have been paid during every pay period for almost 2 years now...why would I stop believing?! Just as He did with Thomas, He has given me all the proof I need to believe His promises always.

TAG YOUR IT! :)

High Heels in High Places
Life's Little Adventures
Days and Times of the Sundbergs
Learning Dependence-My Hubby
Poppyseeds
Simply "Jenn"-sational


Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the person who tagged you know your entry is up.

And of course, this is just fun. If you don't have time or just don't want to-no pressure :)

6 comments:

andrea said...

i can really relate to your #3. I have had the same thoughts and feelings about being at home...i think blogging helps with some of the loneliness, but oh, i'd love to speak to all adult or perphaps see one during my day...that friend-at-home sounds wonderful...i suppose we live too far from each other ...
i love how God had healed you from your illness and that you & your hubby rely on Him in everything. quite a testimony for others and your kiddos see to witness.
have a great weekend! :)

Breanne said...

How great nd honest this was. I loved it.

It is a testimony you havwe there - how wonderful.

JMBMOMMY said...

I love that I already knew all of these :) Just shows how God answered my prayer for friendship this year. :) But love your openness and willingness to tell others about all the cool stuff God is doing in your life.

The Morgans said...

I enjoyed reading this post. Thank you for being so open and honest and sharing your heart. You are an amazing Mommy!!!
Thanks for the invite today to the party. We had a great time.

Jennifer Owens said...

Wow, you're 6 things were really inspiring. (And thanks for tagging me - I'll get to it this week sometime!)

I was mostly in awe of your #2. I have an eating disorder - one that I'm currently in counseling for. I have often wanted and wished for God to do something similar with my own battle, but He's chosen to work differently in my own story. It's been a steady process and weight is coming off very slowly, but I'm finally learning how to cope with pain and emotion without going to food. It's very freeing and I know it's all God.

Thanks for sharing that!

Erin said...

I would like to apply for this friend-at-home job...sounds like the best job ever!! That is my dream job to hang out with you and your girls all day!

Thanks for tagging me, I'm looking forward to it.