CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Broken Humans

I love this quote from The Shack:

"Broken humans center their lives around things that seem good to them, but that will neither fill them nor free them."

I am deeply attached to the things in my life that seem good to me. God is gently tearing me away from my good things to show me His good things. I see the light at the end. A life filled with His good which is the only real good. My part is moment by moment surrender to Him and cooperation with His good work.

I will never experience freedom or be satisfied until I look to God and receive His fullness. I am not sure why I continue to go back to the yoke of slavery of looking to others and things for my filling. This is one of those good works that God is doing in me that is rather painful. Allowing all of my "good" things to fail, so that I may receive His goodness and really live.

4 comments:

andrea said...

sometimes it's hard to let go of what we know to fall into our Savior's arms. what He really wants for us is so much better, but the pain to get there isn't easy...but because of it, we have hope.
take care

Breanne said...

Yes - it is very hard sometimes to let go.. or let go but then grab on again. How nice this was - There are so many things we can put before HIM but He is first and will take care of teh rest.

Jennifer Owens said...

That gave me something great to think about - "God is gently tearing me away from MY good things to show me HIS good things." I'll have to chew on that for a while. (o:

I think only His goodness leads to really living too. I guess I wish I could get out of my own frail mentalities and be content with what that looks like.

JMBMOMMY said...

I hate how stubborn I am about the things I insist on being the good things!!! BTW, I tagged you today -- you may hate these..and if so cool..but at least I gave you some link love :)