CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Good Quote

I love this from The Shack...it is Jesus speaking.

"My life was not meant to be an example to copy. Being my follower is not trying to 'be like Jesus,' it means for your independence to be killed. I came to give you life, real life, my life. We (The Trinity) will come and live our life inside of you, so that you begin to see with our eyes, and hear with our ears, and touch with our hands, and think like we do. But, we will never force that union on you."

To me this paints a beautiful picture of the dependent life. What a gift God has given us through Christ to live this life in Him and Him in us.

4 comments:

JMBMOMMY said...

I loved this too. It does paint a beautiful picture. Here is to the death of our independence.

Dani Smith said...

Cheers!

Breanne said...

How nice! May I not be independent and depend on God. Thanks for sharing that.

JMBMOMMY said...

You've received an AWARD! Check out my blog today at see it. :)