CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fire Ants

I really do like Texas. I love the people, the warm nights, the powerful storms, and the great Mexican restaurants. However...

I have decided that fire ants can smell my Oregon blood. They treat me like I am an intruder to their lovely state and they are on a mission to get me out!

I have gotten so many fire ant bites this summer it's insane!!! Ahhhh.

Even when I stand in a spot for just a second-like today I was putting a diaper in the trash. It couldn't have taken me much longer than a second to open the lid and drop the diaper in. Two of the little guys attacked my foot.

This is what we are teaching our girls to do when they have angry feelings. I'll practice what I preach a little. :)

"I am so angry with those fire ants. They won't leave me alone and my foot hurts."

I feel much better now! Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I agree...fire ants are the worst!

Breanne said...

Yes - we get them a lot!! My daughter was attacked last summer . Those bites are nasty!!She had them all over her legs.

Unknown said...

My neice had alot of problems in Ft.Worth with the fire ants!